8 Ways To Prevent Constipation – News Hunter Magazine Health Tips
Hello, welcome to News Hunter Magazine Health tips! We are looking at eight (8) ways that constipation can be prevented.
Approximately, 12 per cent of people in the world suffer from self-defined constipation. It differs from geographical areas. It is reported that those who live in the Americas and Asian Pacific suffer twice higher as their counterparts in Europe.
What Is Constipation?
Generally, Constipation is described as the inability to have more than three bowel movements a week. So if you are having fewer than three bowel moments a week, you are suffering from constipation.
Note that having occasional constipation is very common. However, there are some people who experience chronic constipation that can interfere with their ability to go about their daily tasks. It may also cause people to strain excessively to have a bowel movement.
Is The A Way That Constipation Can Be Treated?
If you are suffering from chronic constipation, the treatment for it depends in part on the underlying cause. Nonetheless, in some cases, a cause is never found.
What Causes Constipation?
Mostly, constipation occurs when waste or stool moves too slowly through the digestive tract or cannot be eliminated effectively from the rectum, which may cause the stool to become hard and dry. According to medical reports, chronic constipation has many possible causes.
Below Are Eight (8) Ways To Prevent Constipation:
- Include plenty of high-fibre foods in your diet, including beans, vegetables, fruits, whole-grain cereals and bran.
- Eat fewer foods with low amounts of fibre such as processed foods, dairy and meat products.
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Stay as active as possible and try to get regular exercise.
- Try to manage stress.
- Don’t ignore the urge to pass stool.
- Try to create a regular schedule for bowel movements, especially after a meal.
- Make sure children who begin to eat solid foods get plenty of fibre in their diets.
Thank you for reading Newshuntermag.com’s health tips today, come back for more soon. Have a great day!