Melcom service centre gutted by fire

Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...

Fire has gutted Melcom's warehouse and service centre at the North

Industrial area in Accra.

According to the staff on duty, the fire started at dawn, around 3:30am.

The Melcom service centre stores mostly, the shop's electrical gadgets.

Fire fighters at the incident are struggling to get inside the

facility to put the fire out because according to them, the building

has tilted from the roof and there is a possibility that it could cave

in on them.

The staff also allege they called the fire service when it started but

they only arrived after 6am.

It is unclear yet what started the fire but this is the fourth major

fire outbreak this year.

On Friday, another fire outbreak at a residence in Osu in Accra,

claimed the life of a 6 year old instantly while a 9 month old baby

who sustained serious injuries died later at the hospital.

The Ghana National Fire Service has warned Ghanaians to exercise

cautionwhen using potentially inflammable devices in their homes

especially during the harmattan season.

The Deputy Public Relations Officer (PRO) of the Service, Prince

Anaglatey, has told Citi News in an interview that fire outbreaks in

the country in 2015 will significantly decrease if people improve

their "safety culture."

Credit: citimonline.com

Kofi Oppong Kyekyeku

I am a Ghanaian Broadcast Journalist/Writer who has an interest in General News, Sports, Entertainment, Health, Lifestyle and many more.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Back to top button