Bull Dog details Shatta Wale’s arrest

Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...

Reports during the week stated that Shatta Wale was arrested by the
police last Monday for driving with a convoy and obstructing traffic.

According to the police who gave account on the dancehall artiste’s
arrest, indicated that the Dancehall King hit singer claimed he was late
for a flight to Italy, so he had to use the convoy to get to the
airport early.

Airport Police Commander, Supt. Yaw Tetegah, who confirmed the arrest
said “number of motorbikes leading him pushing all other vehicles aside,
and his reason was that he was about to fly, and he is late.”

“He is going to take his belongings and then get back to the airport,
so he was forcing his way through the traffic being led by a number of
motorbikes, he said.”

This report resulted in Shatta Wale addressing the media as ‘the most-foolish media I have ever seen in my life’.

Shatta Wale’s manager, Bull Dog was on Happy FM early Saturday morning to give an account of his artiste’s arrest.

Speaking to Doctor Cann on Showbiz Xtra, Lawrence Nana Asiamah Hanson
said “A journalist contacted me and asked me a question that ‘Where is
Shatta?’ I answered ‘Shatta is in the house’ and he said I were lying,
Shatta has been arrested.

I said ‘oh what are you talking about? He has not been arrested.’ It’s
not like I wasn’t with Shatta; I was with him through that moment. From
the word go I knew he (the journalist) had something in his head to
write the story about,” he indicated.

“I spoke with the journalist and told him what happened and even added
that this is not any issue for him to write about. We had arrived from
USA but were not in a hurry to Italy as reported,” he said.

Explaining that “We landed in Ghana around 3pm because we left there
(USA) 12 midnight on Monday. We got mobbed with the media and the fans.
Delta touched down around 12 pm and by the time we finished with our
errands it was 3pm, so the media met us, we spoke and the fans were

“It is by God’s grace that he has the fans so when he got out; there
were motorbikes and everybody was happy and excited. So on our home, one
of the motor bikers caused traffic, and the police spotted him. So the
police stopped us and told us we should move to the airport police
station, so we left for the place,” he said.

“What the police told us when we got there was that they were not
arresting us for anything but the scene at that point in time is not
even safe for us. After that, they talked to us and within 15 minutes or
so we were out of the place,” he declared.

Bull Dog continued that Shatta Wale was not at fault with his comments about Ghanaian media because he was provoked.


Kofi Oppong Kyekyeku

I am a Ghanaian Broadcast Journalist/Writer who has an interest in General News, Sports, Entertainment, Health, Lifestyle and many more.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Back to top button