Teenage reveller dies after being electrocuted while URINATING on lamp-post during festival

Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...

A teenager died after being electrocuted while URINATING on a lamp-post during a festival.An 18-year-old reveller was relieving himself on a faulty post when the tragedy happened in the early hours of this morning. He was attending a huge music party in the small town of Bunyola on the Ballearic island Mallorca, Spain.Rescue workers tried in vain to save the young man's life but it was too late. They performed heart massage for some time but were unable to detect a pulse.             The tragedy happened during annual fiesta celebrations when thousands of people danced the night away to live music and DJs. This was the 30th annual festival in the otherwise quiet town, which has a population of less than 6,000 people.The Mayor, Jaume Isern, expressed his condolences to the teenager's family for their terrible loss. The rest of the fiesta celebrations were abandoned following the teenager's death.Although full details of the fatal incident have not been revealed, it is possible the stream of urine would have served as a conductor allowing the electricity from the faulty lamp-post to reach the victim's body. 

Daily Mirror

Kofi Oppong Kyekyeku

I am a Ghanaian Broadcast Journalist/Writer who has an interest in General News, Sports, Entertainment, Health, Lifestyle and many more.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Back to top button