Dumsor kills16-year-old boy in Ashaiman

Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...

A 16-year-old student reportedly met his untimely death after a fuel
container exploded at Newtown, a suburb of Ashaiman in the Greater Accra

Abdul Raman Taurfiq’s tragic death occurred when he allegedly attempted
using kerosene lamp for lighting when he mistakenly poured petrol from a
bottle into a gallon as a result of the blackout experienced in the

The wildfire was said to have sparked which burned his face and legs after the gallon had caught fire in his hands.

He was rushed to the Tema General Hospital for immediate medical
attention but passed on while on admission. The body of Raman has been
buried according to the tenets of Islam.

The Family of the deceased is tight-lipped about the incident, but a
source close to the family told DAILY GUIDE the circumstances leading to
the tragedy last Tuesday at about 10:30 pm.

According to the information gathered, the uncle of the deceased owns a
public toilet in the area which the deceased operates often after
school hours and tidy the place up after the day’s business.

During one of the cleanings the deceased after pouring some of the
petrol – that was often used to reduce the bad odour in the cesspit –
into the hole, allegedly decided to pour the remaining petrol from a
bottle into a storage gallon but as a result of the blackout, decided to
use a kerosene lantern so he could see the open space of the gallon
before pouring the petrol into it. The fire occurred, as a result,
leading to his death.

Credit: Daily Guide

Kofi Oppong Kyekyeku

I am a Ghanaian Broadcast Journalist/Writer who has an interest in General News, Sports, Entertainment, Health, Lifestyle and many more.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Back to top button