Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Husband Couldn’t Pay Ghc 500 ‘Doctor Motivation Fee’ On Time

Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...
A 30-year-old pregnant woman, Angela Afriyie Agyemang, has passed after she was refused medical attention at the Suntreso Government Hospital in Kumasi.
Report says she died at died at the theatre on Wednesday, July 4, 2018, after officials delayed in attending to her because her husband was not able to pay a Ghc 500 ‘Doctor Motivation fee’ on time.
“My wife, whose delivery time had elapsed for seven days, couldn’t deliver on Tuesday so, on Wednesday, the medical doctor in charge, only known as Dr Sarpong said Cesarean Section (CS) had to be performed to save the mother and the unborn baby, and an agreed fee of GHC 500 was to be paid to Dr Sarpong, as a ‘motivation fee’ after the surgery but Dr Sarpong allowed other women to the theatre before my wife while I was organizing myself to pay for the money but my wife passed on in the process,” the deceased’s husband, Pastor Solomon Lamo Latiff, of the House of Faith Ministry in Kumasi told Otec FM’s Captain Koda.
“After the agreement, I procured all the necessary medication for the surgery and when my wife who has been sitting in a wheelchair for more than three hours, having difficulties in breathing, was told to hold on, as more critical cases had to be attended to, when she was about to be taken to the theatre,” he sorrowfully said.
Pastor Solomon further stated that his wife was rushed to the theatre for the CS when her condition became worse.
 “After ten minutes, I was called into the theatre to be told that she and the baby couldn’t survive. All that I saw was the lifeless body of my pregnant wife on the theatre bed, I was speechless and tears started flowing,” Pastor Lamo cried.
Meanwhile, the family of the deceased has threatened to take legal action against the Suntreso Government Hospital for the negligence of duty that led to her death.
The Spokesperson for the family, Mr Osei Afriyie, in an interview with Otec News’ Isaac Nsiah Foster, said “we will do everything possible to seek redress at the law court for the death of my niece. The hospital must be brought to book to prevent such deaths in the future because if they had given her the much-needed attention, the mother and baby could have survived”.

Kofi Oppong Kyekyeku

I am a Ghanaian Broadcast Journalist/Writer who has an interest in General News, Sports, Entertainment, Health, Lifestyle and many more.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Back to top button